Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day One in Texas (4/9/2009)



Notable observations:
• There is an interesting contrast between the green/brown tightly clipped grass and young trees and flowers surrounding manicured planned communities.
• We took a parallel road to the highway to get to the Pearland Town Center for dinner and passed a cow pasture.
• The weather is fabulous! Vitamin D is my new friend.
• I haven't seen a lot of big hair or belt buckles.
• The waffle iron in our hotel is in the shape of Texas.
• I had to write three checks because the leasing agent just couldn't get the idea that we were on a three-month-lease.
• Alexis keeps saying Go Home. Sniff.
• Our new apartment has wonderful tubs but makes our townhome feel large.
• The food is great! We went to a simple diner for dinner, but it was the best banana bread I've ever had.
• I like being called Ma'am.
• The Kroger supermarket five minutes from our apartment has a Seattle's Best . . . and takes our QFC card . . . and has a homemade Tortilleria next to the Sushi counter.
• Downtown Pearland reminds Mohnie of University Village.
•Our mail is coming! I ran a red light last week.
• We're going to go to an Easter Egg Hunt at Outdoor World on Saturday. It's just past the giant busts of the great presidents at the side of Route 288--Washington, Lincoln, Roosevelt . . . Bush.
• Shantih is hyper, hyper but enjoyed watching the car being driven off the truck.
• I don't know how to order at Sonic.
• Boxes await me in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment