Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Week Two: Finding a routine


Fortunately, our Sunday was less dramatic than Saturday with Shantih and Mohnie spending the morning ferrying broken down cardboard and misdirected boxes to our storage unit. Of course, at the storage unit, life became a bit more dramatic, not because of any storm-related damage, thank goodness, but because of the beautiful peacock who makes its home behind the storage facility and decided to parade in front of our unit for the day.

On Monday, Mohnie started week two and I took the girls to a splash park where, because of the high winds, we did no splashing. However, life is starting to feel routine. I ran into a mom who I had met before, which was great, and we made plans to get together again. In the afternoon, the girls and I went to the local playground--you're getting the gist of our days--where we found many, many anthills. Saturday's rain destroyed their nests, so they mounded up to build again. Alexis, poor thing, was bitten by a red ant on her legs, she didn't even cry. I only discovered the bite later when I was changing her. I'm pretty sure I know where it happened, because one got into my shoe and stung me between the toes. Shantih was playing blissfully on the monkey bars. After her encounter with a red ant on our previous trip, I didn't want to alarm her. We NEED to keep going to our little, local park, so shhhhhhhh. (The maintenance man assures me that they treat for red ants in all the common areas but the rain washes it away. It'll be taken care of he promised.)

Today, I drove a fair way to find a drop-in daycare, but I didn't leave the girls, because it just didn't look right. I didn't use Whirlwinds in University Village very often, but it was a great place and I'm missing it right now. I'd give my right arm for TOP food! I'm not used to having the girls FULL-TIME with no preschool, etc. I'm ready for camp season already. In the afternoon, we explored our apartment complex's pool. The large pool was still pretty cold, but the kiddie pool was just right for wading. It felt like being on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment